To support our growing business we are looking for a Senior Temporary Works Engineer to join our team. We are specialists in the design of temporary works, particularly those related to demolition, rail works, and lifting gear design.
Ideally you will have significant experience designing temporary works, however, engineers from a construction, or structural engineering background will be considered on merit.
You role will include the following:
1. Design cost effective, innovative, constructable, temporary works, to agreed timescale and budget;
2. Production of calculations, AIP’s, F002/03 submissions, drawings and DRA’s as required;
3. Manage, and mentor junior engineering staff;
4. Liaising with clients as required;
5. Work Winning.
Ideally you will have the following skills:
1.Educated to Degree Level holding a relevant Civil Engineering qualification;
2.Demonstrable competence in structural analysis;
3.Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works and Demolition;
4.Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works;
5.Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required;
6.Excellent communication skills, and ability to liaise with colleagues / external parties at all levels;
7.A good working knowledge of all MS Office applications including Word and Excel;
8.Working knowledge of CAD. Including AuotCAD and REVIT ;
9.A good understanding of Health and Safety Regulations and Legislation as well as knowledge of Designer’s responsibilities under CDM regulations;
10.Numerate, exceptional accuracy and a high level of attention to detail;
11. Working knowledge of demolition.
12. Working knowledge of design work in Civil, Rail and Nuclear environments.